09 March 2008

Bahamas Scrapbook

Because I'm constantly being harassed by my M and SIL, here is somthing new for your viewing pleasure. I'm about 1/4 of the way done the book, but figured I'd give a little teaser.

In this layout, the picture on the right of what H likes to call the "Mustard Drill," can be lifted up to find the map of the boat.

For this layout, I took a lei apart and sewed them to the matting. There are a few pink beads in the center to accent each.


A little difficult to see, but under each photo is a rub-on. Just some not-so-parallel lines that I thought added a little dimension.


These pictures were taken with a disposable underwater camera, so the quality isn't that great. To play up the diffused colors in the pictures, I created a very muted background. To get an idea of the size, the layout on the right is composed of nine 2" pictures of fishies.


The embellishments on the bottom of the right page are 3 dimensional.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Very cool SIL. Have you given any more thought to some sample layouts for The Crop Room? These look pretty sharp, I think they would really like these.