I think it's hysterical (and mildly embarassing) that my last post was in October. It's not that I haven't been doing anything, it's jus that I haven't been posting! Here is a recap of what I've done since then:
New Years was celebrated with the C Family at our casa. We had a homemade pizza bar which all the nieces and nephews enjoyed. Then on New Years Day I took my first stab at pork and sauerkraut, and also BBQ pulled pork sandwhiches. We started off 2012 with full bellies and good fortune.
I've had a long (and strong) love/hate relationship with our fireplace build. Hans is doing an amazing job at it. Dad helped in some parts. To date, we have a working fireplace - just need the inspector to come sign off so that we can put up the stone. It's taken a while, but in the end, it's totally worth it.
For Christmas last year, I had promised K and K that I would make baby books for R and C's first year. It was a long undertaking, but I'm so happy with the results. C got her book on Christmas this year (my favorite page above, and the whole book below)

R got his book on his second birthday in January. My favorite page above, and the finished album below...Please pay no attention to how messy my desk looks in any of these pictures. It was very late when I was finally finished...

I saw my little man turn 2. He's the sweetest boy, and I love our Skype dates more than he can even fathom. Even though January it's bitter cold, it's always warm in the L house when we come to visit!
My friend B is getting married, had to celebrate her Bachelorette in style! Picture taken outside of Devon in Philadelphia. Had mahi mahi, which was a mazing, and a side of mushroom, leeks and gorgonzola cheese. It was delish. We then continued to celebrate on the party bus and at club G. Happy Nuptuals!
I did a complete overhaul to my scrapspace. All contents of the office were removed and then put back to my meticulous specifications. I'm so happy with it, and I can find everything again! Can't wait for the new island desk that I have my eye on that was post to my pinterest. Maybe that'll end up in the new basement scraproom (hint, hint).
I've also made some cards. Above is the card made for the Mother/Daughter monthly challenge at Stamps of Life. This is the February stamp. I must admit that I have been MIA for a while, but I'm back and very creative!
This card is being sent to a new, but very dear friend that moved away. She's starting her own etsy business and is super talented. I wish her nothing but the best in all of her new adventures! We decided that we were going to write letters and send them to each other. It's an old way to communicate, but it seems like our style.
And her's the bridal shower card for the Bachelorette. Same umbrellas, so many ways to use it!
So that's a brief synopsis of what's been going on with me. Today I'm spending the day with my momma. I've been looking forward to some time together for a while. Can't wait!
I have a list of cards that I want to make, scrapbook layouts that I want to create and a laundry list of items I want to complete in the house. I'll continue to take pictures and will post more frequently!
2 comments:
Today was a great time. Thanks for being my baby girl!
so nice to catch up on your busy life! create while the mojo's hot!
Post a Comment