Hubs and I live in a brand new community with itty bitty stick trees in our front yard. The tallest trees are seeing their first spring bloom and when I sit on my back deck (which we had built last spring) I see construction of the houses to come. I can see the sky for miles...there is no obstruction really, and the lights from the industrial park up the hill always makes for pretty sunsets.
But when I go back home, it's totally different. Although I wasn't born in this house, I've lived in it the majority of my life (as in, we moved in when I was 2). The trees are huge. I know that sounds crazy to say, but they are. The Bradford Pears are in full bloom and that funny looking tree that has always reminded me of a kangaroo is hopping, too. I have noticed how these trees took root and really blossomed. When I go home, I am reminded of how much I have grown over the years. And even though I grew up and started my own semi-adult life (stick trees included), my roots are always at home.
The goodsPatterned Paper: Echo Park: Life is Good
Ink:
Adirondak - Watermelon
Embellish: Echo Park: Life is Good
Embellish: Echo Park: Life is Good
Adhesive - PopDots: All Night Media, Double Faced Tape: 3M Archival Safe
This sketch is brought to you by Unscripted Sketches. This is my first full week on the team and I couldn't be happier! Can't wait for what's in store for me in this-coming year.
For this card, I was inspired by the large image and the three lines. I turned the three lines on a diagonal in the corner to weigbalance the paper pieced image. The blue and green for the sky and grass were both cut using my trusty fiskars paper cutter. The rest is cut using scissors and my imagination. This card has a very simple design, but the paper piecing of the home image coordinted with the Life is Good line really make it pop(dots)!
Here is a link to Sketch 154. Thanks for looking, and don't forget to visit Unscripted Sketches and play along!


8 comments:
Love this card, Jess! The layering is awesome and putting the 3 lines on the diagonal was genius! The paper line is perfect for this project. I enjoyed your blog post very much too!
The post is very touching. I love what you did with the sketch by turning the lines on their side and paper piecing the house to represent the block. Great job!
What a sweet card and especially your thoughts behind it. I grew up in GA but live in FL now and wow, do I miss the trees!
This card is so scraplifted.. love your story...
Laura
very very cute!!!
Love the card. Loved seeing you at Easter, too. Miss you already! RL misses you too. He asked for his Mimi the other day.
lovely "home" :)
Fab Card!
Spreading the love for Cath @MoxieFab!
Post a Comment